Lemony Shrimp with Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes, almonds, feta cheese, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a serving dish. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 734 calories, 50 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 244 mg cholesterol, 1,470 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp with Pasta
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.