Lemony Shrimp Sandwiches
After one bite of these wonderful sandwiches, you'll have found a new favorite that you'll turn to time and again. The no-fuss citrus spread really complement the shrimp.—Catherine Fontana, Fox Lake, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, butterflied
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel,
- coriander, salt and pepper. Spread over both slices of bread. Layer
- each with lettuce, tomato, shrimp, avocado and onion. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 321 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.