- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, butterflied
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and peel, coriander, salt and pepper. Spread over both slices of bread. Layer each with lettuce, tomato, shrimp, avocado and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Shrimp Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2005, p38
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review