- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 3/4 cup seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cheese until smooth. Add shrimp, tomato and red pepper; heat through. Stir in lemon peel and juice.
- Drain fettuccine; transfer to a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review