Lemony Shrimp 'n' Asparagus Recipe
From Scribner, Nebraska, Becky Von Segern sends this marvelous main dish that cooks quickly in the microwave yet is special enough to serve to company. "It's a pretty and tasty way to use your spring harvest of asparagus." she assures. "An added bonus is the low calorie count."
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the asparagus, red pepper, garlic and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and asparagus is tender. With a slotted spoon, remove shrimp and vegetables; keep warm.
- 2. Add the soy sauce, lemon juice and peel to the microwave dish. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into soy sauce mixture.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return the shrimp mixture to the bowl; toss to coat. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 103 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp 'n' Asparagus
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC