- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup fresh arugula
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic and lemon peel until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place arugula, green onions, yogurt, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 kabobs (1/2 cup sauce).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp & Tomatoes
Sort By :
"We live near the ocean here in Pensacola and always looking for new ways with shrimp. the marinade is just wonderful."
"Any recipe with shrimp will grab my attention... so of course, I had to make this one. No grill, so I did it under the broiler, prepared exactly as written, and we loved it. Did not make the dipping sauce; served it with rice on the side. As a volunteer field editor, I am delighted to recommend this recipe."
"I substituted small sweet peppers for the tomatoes, and omitted the dipping sauce for lack of time, but at least I made the shrimp part as written. The marinade was simple and lemony, and my kids loved it."