Lemony Shrimp & Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup fresh arugula
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic and lemon peel until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Place arugula, green onions, yogurt, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- 3. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 kabobs (1/2 cup sauce).
1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.