I created this recipe for my family because they love grilled shrimp. I love it because it's quick, delicious and good for us. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup fresh arugula
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic and lemon peel until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place arugula, green onions, yogurt, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 kabobs (1/2 cup sauce).
Originally published as Lemony Shrimp & Tomatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp & Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review