- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), julienned
- 2/3 cup chardonnay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, halve and thinly slice one lemon. Finely grate peel from remaining lemon; place in small bowl. Cut lemon crosswise in half; squeeze juice into bowl; set aside.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, lemon slices, lemon peel and juice; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chardonnay, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until wine is evaporated. Add shrimp; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until shrimp just turn pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Drain linguine, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Stir linguine into shrimp mixture, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Heat through. Serve with parsley and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Shrimp & Mushroom Linguine in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p23
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lemony Shrimp & Mushroom Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review