- Cut top off garlic bulb, leaving root end intact. Place cut side up
- in a small ungreased baking dish; drizzle water around the garlic.
- Slowly drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into center of bulb. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for
- 5 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic from skins; set aside.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning, honey and remaining oil; spoon half over
- the salmon. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and onion; add
- remaining honey mixture and toss to coat. Place salmon and
- vegetables on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for
- 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables
- are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan,
- combine the first nine sauce ingredients; cook and stir until butter
- is melted. Drain the pasta. In a large serving bowl, gently toss
- pasta, lemon sauce, softened garlic, salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle
- with olives and sunflower kernels. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 565 calories, 35 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,608 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.