- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 salmon fillets (2 pounds), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- Cut top off garlic bulb, leaving root end intact. Place cut side up in a small ungreased baking dish; drizzle water around the garlic. Slowly drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into center of bulb. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cool for 5 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic from skins; set aside.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning, honey and remaining oil; spoon half over the salmon. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and onion; add remaining honey mixture and toss to coat. Place salmon and vegetables on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, combine the first nine sauce ingredients; cook and stir until butter is melted. Drain the pasta. In a large serving bowl, gently toss pasta, lemon sauce, softened garlic, salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with olives and sunflower kernels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemony Salmon and Pasta
Sort By :
Very tasty! Would make it again but would use a sweet onion instead and sautee it in a little bit of olive oil to soften it up before broiling it with the other vegetables. I used whole wheat rotini pasta, and my family enjoyed it very much.