Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes became a family tradition when I was a child and now is a one of my family’s favorites. The flavor of fresh lemon compliments the sweet potatoes and the touch of brown sugar results in a nice glaze.
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place sweet potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the
- butter, lemon juice and salt; drizzle over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle
- with brown sugar and lemon peel.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 170 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.