Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter, lemon juice and salt; drizzle over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon peel.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup: 170 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes
"I enjoyed the taste of this, more importantly, my husband liked it! I did modify it a tad.....I baked on a cookie sheet, for the allotted time. I also sprinkled lemon pepper over them and because I am trying to limit sugars, I only sprinkled a little brown sugar over the top. Next time I will try honey instead of the sugar. Loved the pairing of ingredients with the sweet potato."