These sweet potatoes became a family tradition when I was a child and now is a one of my family’s favorites. The flavor of fresh lemon compliments the sweet potatoes and the touch of brown sugar results in a nice glaze.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place sweet potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter, lemon juice and salt; drizzle over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon peel.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Reminisce Extra March 2008, p 53
Reviews for Lemony Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review