Lemony Rhubarb Pie Recipe
I love rhubarb from the garden, and there's nothing like this pie—which includes a happy burst of lemon—to say spring is here! —Holly Balzer-Harz, Malone, New York
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 7 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the first six filling ingredients; toss to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. If desired, sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Rhubarb Pie in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Rhubarb Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Rhubarb Pie >
- Rhubarb Recipes >