These golden goodies are always popular at brunches and bake sales. For a great holiday gift, put the muffins in a pretty basket or other container and add a jar of preserves.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Fill six greased jumbo muffin pans. Bake at 375° for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 jumbo muffins.
Originally published as Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p63
Reviews for Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review