- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Fill six greased jumbo muffin pans. Bake at 375° for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 jumbo muffins.
Reviews for Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins
Sort By :
"These came out great as far as being fluffy. Even after adding Lemon Yogurt (instead of sour cream) and extra zest they still weren't as lemony as I expected. So I spread lemon curd on them. I will make these again and add more lemon juice."
"I made this recipe as a loaf bread and it was delicious. I did make some substitutions, but still it came out moist and delicious. The first thing I realized was I didn't have any lemon extract on hand, so I just used more lemon juice and lemon zest. Also, I substituted organic plain yogurt for the sour cream. I put the mixture in a greased clay bread cooker and cooked it for 55 minutes. My family loved it and I will definitely be making it again. Next time I plan to have the extract! Thanks so much for sharing this delightful recipe."
"This muffins are just what I was looking for! They turn out fluffy and moist with just the right amount of lemon flavor. I don't have a jumbo muffin pan so I ended up with 18 standard size muffins and baked for 12 minutes. I will be making this recipe again and again!"