Lemony Parsley Baked Cod
The trick to avoid overcooking a good piece of fish is to cook it at a high temperature for a short amount of time. Do that and the fish stays moist and tender. —Sherry Day, Pinckney, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix the first seven
- ingredients. Place cod in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; top
- with parsley mixture. Sprinkle with green onions. Bake, covered,
- 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.