Lemony New Potatoes Recipe
I can't recall where this recipe came from, but I know my family has enjoyed it for years.
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (green part only)
- 1. Peel a strip from around each potato. Place potatoes in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the butter, lemon juice, salt and lemon peel; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
2 potatoes equals 85 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC