- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the orzo, lemon juice and peel. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Lemony Mushroom-Orzo Soup for Two
Sort By :
"We love orzo and mushroom so how could we not enjoy. The lemon zest and fresh lemon juice add a more delicate flavor which adds to all else. I omitted the parsley and thyme just not to my taste. We will definitely make again and again. I increased quantities to six servings and only wanted to have left overs so we'll have to make again real soon. Used baby portabellas sliced."