Lemony Mushroom-Orzo Soup Recipe
“Here's a versatile soup that works as an appetizer or side for a sandwich lunch. It's loaded with mushrooms and orzo pasta-and lemon livens up its mild flavor.” —Edrie O'Brien, Denver, Colorado
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the orzo, lemon juice and peel. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Mushroom-Orzo Soup in Country Woman February/March 2009, p22
Reviews for Lemony Mushroom-Orzo Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review