Lemony Mushroom Lettuce Salad Recipe
Looking for a way to use up leftover mushrooms? This refreshing salad is topped with plenty of fresh “mushies” that have been marinated in a zesty lemon dressing. Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Parsley sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended.
- 2. Place the mushrooms, celery and onions in a large bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Divide lettuce among 12 salad plates or arrange on a platter; top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 87 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemony Mushroom Lettuce Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC