I substituted reduced-sodium chicken broth for the rich chicken stock that was originally called for in this recipe. It's a great side dish to serve with grilled fish or chicken for a tasty low-fat meal. —Connie Rank-Smith of Sherwood, Wisconsin
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh parsley, cilantro and chives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, rice, chilies and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Herbed Rice in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p27
Reviews for Lemony Herbed Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review