For an easy grilled salmon, try grilling directly on lemon slices! It leaves the salmon moist, flaky and extremely aromatic. This delectable dish was created by our Test Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 8 lemon slices (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Arrange lemon slices on rack. Place each salmon fillet over two lemon slices.
- Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Grilled Salmon in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemony Grilled Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 29, 2011
"This is our favorite way to eat salmon! Yummy!"