For an easy grilled salmon, try grilling directly on lemon slices! It leaves the salmon moist, flaky and extremely aromatic. This delectable dish was created by our Test Kitchen.
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Fish Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 8 lemon slices (3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Arrange lemon slices on rack. Place each salmon fillet over two lemon slices.
- Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Grilled Salmon in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p41
Reviews forLemony Grilled Salmon
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2011
"This is our favorite way to eat salmon! Yummy!"