Lemony Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- LEMON-DILL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 lemon slices, quartered
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chervil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Trim both ends from each lemon; cut lemons into thick slices. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon and lemon slices, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and lemons are lightly browned.
- 2. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice; add butter. Cook and stir over over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in quartered lemon slices and seasonings. Serve with salmon and grilled lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 320 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Sauce
"I am confused .. do you add the grilled lemons to the sauce? whole? squeezed? quartered lemon slices? this recipe needs some serious editing! ok.. maybe its me I didn't see the quartered sliced in the ingredients the first time. but do you really just add lemon slices to the sauce?"
"This is the best Salmon recipe I have tried. Every time I make it my husband tells me it's better than any restaurant!!!"
"Very tasty and quick. Did not have salmon to use but halibut from our fishing trip to Alaska. And it was very tasty. and best of all quick and easy."
"I think freda needs to slow down on the wine."
"No idea where the 'cornstarch' comes from????Rest is GOOD EATS! Camp fire, fresh caught Salmon or Steelhead. The Ladies are sipping white wine, the guys Single Malts. Great Red Potato salad and sides at a 'Pot Luck' in the Campground."To sleep, penchant to dream." Until 0330 and 'Sig-I-Fined,' and I'm sure other's are rolling over as you get get your clothing on. You are out of your collective FIXKING MINDS!"
"Salmon is always excellent, but I was looking for a way to spice it up. The flavor of the grilled lemons and salmon is good, but the sauce is what makes the dish. The lemon and dill come through, and its so fresh and light tasting. My family enjoyed it, and so it will be made again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.