Lemony Green Onion Rice
This dish from Rose Harman of Hays, KS is as easy as sautéing some simple ingredients and tossing in cooked instant rice. And it pairs well with lots of main courses. “It's an especially good accompaniment with poultry and fish,” writes Rose.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a small skillet, saute
- celery and onions in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in
- the rice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.