Lemony Green and Wax Beans Recipe
Showcase your garden's bounty in this delectable side dish. A combination of fresh green beans and wax beans are tossed with a tasty herb- and lemon -infused dressing for perked up flavor.
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add wax and green beans; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place beans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Pour over beans; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in pistachios and hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 125 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemony Green and Wax Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC