VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add wax and green beans; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place beans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Pour over beans; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pistachios and hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Green and Wax Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p226