Everybody goes for this super-fresh salad with the cumin-coriander dressing, especially on warm days. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in chickpeas and green onions. In another bowl, mix yogurt, parsley and marmalade.
- To serve, divide greens among four plates; top with bean mixture. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Garbanzo Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Garbanzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2016