Lemony Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium apples, diced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. For dressing, combine the sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and poppy seeds in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, carrot and raisins. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 125 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Lemony Fruit Salad
"This sounded good and looked pretty, but the taste was disappointing. It was a waste of perfectly good ingredients!"