Lemony Fruit Salad Recipe
When I was a teenager, I did all the cooking for my family of 10. I came up with this recipe when I was partway through making a different salad and discovered I didn't have all the ingredients.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium apples, diced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- For dressing, combine the sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and poppy seeds in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, oranges, carrot and raisins. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Fruit Salad in Country Extra May 2005, p49
Reviews for Lemony Fruit Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2010
This sounded good and looked pretty, but the taste was disappointing. It was a waste of perfectly good ingredients!