Lemony Fruit Dip
As a way to encourage my kids to eat more fruit, I prepare this fluffy dip several times a month. Partygoers also appreciate a more nutritious snack option.Sonja Whitchurch, St. Thomas, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until
- blended. Stir in whipped topping and, if desired, food coloring.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with
- fruit. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup each).
To Make Ahead: Prepare the dip up to 3 days ahead. Cut fruit and arrange on serving trays the day of the party. Refrigerate both until guests arrive.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without fruit) equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.