Lemony Fish and Cucumbers
Brenda Biron of Sydney, Nova Scotia suggests the easy cleanup and tried-and-true convenience of a tinfoil packet to prepare her moist, mouthwatering meal in minutes flat. TIP: YOU CAN ALSO THROW THE PACKET ON THE BACKYARD GRILL…IF YOU HAVEN’T PUT IT AWAY YET.—Brenda Biron, Sydney, Nova Scotia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 pound cod
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Arrange cucumber slices on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty
- foil. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with salt and 3 tablespoons
- lemon juice. Fold foil over and fold in edges twice, forming a
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open pouch to allow steam
- to escape.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil and remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon over fish and cucumbers. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.