Lemony Fish and Cucumbers Recipe
Brenda Biron of Sydney, Nova Scotia suggests the easy cleanup and tried-and-true convenience of a tinfoil packet to prepare her moist, mouthwatering meal in minutes flat. TIP: YOU CAN ALSO THROW THE PACKET ON THE BACKYARD GRILL…IF YOU HAVEN’T PUT IT AWAY YET.Brenda Biron, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 pound cod
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Arrange cucumber slices on a 15-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Top with cod fillets; sprinkle with salt and 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Fold foil over and fold in edges twice, forming a pouch.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open pouch to allow steam to escape.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, basil and remaining lemon juice. Spoon over fish and cucumbers. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Fish and Cucumbers in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Fish and Cucumbers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >