- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 cups pitted ripe olives
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Trim fennel bulb and cut into wedges. Snip feathery fronds; reserve 2 teaspoons. In a small saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add fennel. Boil, uncovered, for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, olives, lemon wedges, peppercorns and reserved fennel fronds. Whisk oil and lemon juice; pour over olive mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Fennel Olives in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p146
Reviews for Lemony Fennel Olives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review