- flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Divide mixture in half. Fold vanilla into one portion; set aside. In
- another bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and
- lemon-colored. Stir in almond extract. Fold in unflavored egg white
- Alternately spoon white and yellow batters into an ungreased 10-in.
- tube pan. Gently cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake on
- the lowest rack at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until top springs
- back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely,
- about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a whisk,
- fold into cooled pudding. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut six marshmallows with a 1-1/4-in. scalloped round cookie cutter;
- cut holes in the centers with an apple corer or 3/4-in. round
- cutter. Brush tops with warm corn syrup; dip tops and sides in
- sugar. Cut 15 marshmallows with a 2-in. teardrop-shaped cookie
- cutter; brush with corn syrup and coat with sugar.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a
- serving plate; split into two horizontal layers. Spread pudding
- mixture between layers and over top and sides of cake. Just before
- serving, decorate with cutouts to make daffodils. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without daffodils) equals 290 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.