"In the summer, we use fresh cucumber and tomatoes from my husband's prolific garden for this colorful salad," writes field editor Marcia Severson of Hallock, Minnesota. "it's oneof our favorite light suppers."
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 whole pita bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Add the pita bread and almonds; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p14
Reviews for Lemony Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2015
"You neglected to put the amount of lemon juice in the ingredients"