"When my son's class went on a 3-day field trip, I tagged along as one of the cooks," relates Sandra Vaux of Lantzville, British Columbia. "We made these sweet corn muffins as a special treat. They went over so well, the children wanted them at every meal!"
Featured In: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg, corn and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemony Corn Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p37
Reviews for Lemony Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review