Everyone thinks I've gone to a lot of trouble when making this refreshing summer drink, but it's so easy! I also like to make my own pretty ice cubes by adding 1/2 cup lemon juice and a mint sprig to 4 cups water.Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- In a pitcher, combine the grape juice, sugar and lemon juice; stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in club soda. Serve over ice. Garnish with
- fruit if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without fruit) equals 108 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.