Lemony Coconut Macaroons Recipe
These chewy gems have refreshing lemon flavor. They freeze well and thaw easily in the fridge, so you can cure a craving anytime. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, MT
- 4 large egg whites
- Dash cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) plus 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat milk and lemon juice on high until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in coconut, lemon peel and baking powder; fold in beaten egg whites.
Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Macaroons
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC