Lemony Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 4 large egg whites
- Dash cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 packages (7 ounces each) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat milk and lemon juice on high speed until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon peel, baking powder and coconut. Fold in egg whites.
Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 119 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Macaroons
"No adjustments, these are sooooo easy and delicious."