Lemony Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 1 egg white
- Dash salt
- Dash cream of tartar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg white, salt and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, mix milk and extract until blended. Stir in coconut and baking powder. Fold in beaten egg white.
- 2. Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.