Lemony Coconut Macaroons
These chewy gems have refreshing lemon flavor. They freeze well and thaw easily in the fridge, so you can cure a craving anytime. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, MT
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 egg white
- Dash salt
- Dash cream of tartar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg white, salt and
- cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. In a large
- bowl, mix milk and extract until blended. Stir in coconut and baking
- powder. Fold in beaten egg white.
- Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or just until golden
- brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.