Lemony Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 4 large egg whites
- Dash cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) plus 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat milk and lemon juice on high until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in coconut, lemon peel and baking powder; fold in beaten egg whites.
Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 119 calories, 7g fat (6g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Macaroons
"I bake all of the time and will never make these again. Not sure what happened. They looked great before baking, but after being baked they spread out flat and had to scrap them off of the pan. Not worth the time or the money to just throw in the garbage."
"No adjustments, these are sooooo easy and delicious."
"I made these this past Christmas and was blown away by how easy they were to make and how delicious they turned out. I will definitely make them again. Very good and easy."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.