- 1 egg white
- Dash salt
- Dash cream of tartar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat egg white, salt and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, mix milk and extract until blended. Stir in coconut and baking powder. Fold in beaten egg white.
- Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Macaroons
Sort By :
"I bake all of the time and will never make these again. Not sure what happened. They looked great before baking, but after being baked they spread out flat and had to scrap them off of the pan. Not worth the time or the money to just throw in the garbage."
"No adjustments, these are sooooo easy and delicious."
"I made these this past Christmas and was blown away by how easy they were to make and how delicious they turned out. I will definitely make them again. Very good and easy."