Lemony Coconut Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Ice cream waffle bowls, optional
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- 1. Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate, covered, 3 hours. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a large bowl; discard drained liquid.
- 2. Whisk sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel into yogurt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding coconut during the last 5 minutes of processing time. If desired, serve in waffle bowls and top with berries. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
1/2 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Frozen Yogurt
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.