Whenever I crave something cold to beat the heat, I whip this yogurt together and share with family. Everyone enjoys the sweet relief! — Caitlyn Heinz, Ovid, New York
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Ice cream waffle bowls, optional
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate, covered, 3 hours. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a large bowl; discard drained liquid.
- Whisk sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel into yogurt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding coconut during the last 5 minutes of processing time. If desired, serve in waffle bowls and top with berries. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
Originally published as Lemony Coconut Frozen Yogurt in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review