- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Ice cream waffle bowls, optional
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, optional
- Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate, covered, 3 hours. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and place in a large bowl; discard drained liquid.
- Whisk sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel into yogurt until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding coconut during the last 5 minutes of processing time. If desired, serve in waffle bowls and top with berries. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Coconut Frozen Yogurt
Sort By :
Light and refreshing! Perfect ending to a summer meal. We churned ours to the consistancy of soft serve and there wasn't any left to freeze so I can't comment on how it keeps I used fat free greek plain yogurt and regular half and half to cut the fat content.. Will try it with fat free half and half as well. MUST try!!! YUMMO!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Ice Cream >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frozen Yogurt >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >