Lemony Chicken Salad
Every busy cook will appreciate the convenience of being able to prepare this refreshing salad ahead of time. And your family will enjoy a marvelous meal.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large red apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the
- chicken, celery, green pepper, apple, onion and parsley. Cover and
- chill for several hours. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 445 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.