Every busy cook will appreciate the convenience of being able to prepare this refreshing salad ahead of time. And your family will enjoy a marvelous meal.
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large red apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the chicken, celery, green pepper, apple, onion and parsley. Cover and chill for several hours. Stir in walnuts just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Chicken Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review