Lemony Chicken Piccata Recipe
THIS is a flavorful low-fat, low sodium dish. With the lemon juice ingredient, the salt isn’t missed. I usually serve this with rice or pasta, but it takes longer to cook either one of these than it does the chicken!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 thin lemon slices
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, one piece at a time. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- 2. In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add wine and garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the broth, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter and lemon slices. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Piccata
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC