Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 435 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 949 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
"I've been making this soup for years, and it's always a hit. The brightness of the lemon only makes a classic even better!"