- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p12
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2014
"I've been making this soup for years, and it's always a hit. The brightness of the lemon only makes a classic even better!"