"This isn't Grandma's chicken soup, but it is comforting," assures Bill Hilbrich from St. Cloud, Minnesota. "The lemon juice gives this easy soup enough zip to make it interesting."
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, carrot, peas and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the noodles. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p12
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review