Lemony Chicken Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set aside pineapple and 1/2 cup juice. Toss remaining juice with apple; drain. In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, pineapple and apple. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, sugar and salt until smooth; gradually add lemon juice and the reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Add a small amount to egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cooled dressing. Pour over chicken mixture; gently stir to coat. Chill for 1 hour.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Fruit Salad
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious and I don't usually like chicken salad!