Lemony Chicken Asparagus with Bow Ties Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter until juices run clear. Remove with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium; add the asparagus, broth and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the cream, onions, parsley, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 417 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Chicken Asparagus with Bow Ties
"definitely need to double the cream sauce, otherwise, very tasty!"
"This was a total hit. I doubled the recipe and fed an 18-month-old toddler, a 76-year-old grandpa and a bunch of others. All totally enjoyed. I've added to my recipe box an look forward to whipping it up again!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.